We may find this village close to the place where the Turec river goes into the Vah river, approximately 5 km north from the historical Martin town. The first reference about this town was dated in 1255, when it was well-known health care area. But the great advancement set in after a building of the railwayline from Kosice to Bohumin and Zvolenske in 1970. This village is historically significant becouse of the strong centre of local worker´s union. Nowaday´s the village offers wide choice of accommodation, down-hill courses and a swimming pool.